Pages

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Bound and done!


5:21 p.m. Today's project was to meet my dear friend DeAnna over at Joanna's fabric and craft store off of Day Street, to purchase quilt binding for my "two hour quilt" that's taken four years!
The trip was contingent on my final recovery from the migraine that had plagued me all day yesterday, ending in vomiting, sorry to have to mention. I had missed Bible study last night and today, so getting past the nausea and dizziness was top priority. I also was due at a meeting at church to help formulate a new ministry for moms, and I did not want to miss discussing and giving my input! "Where there is no counsel, the people fall; but in the multitude of counselors is safety," scripture says, and we will follow the Word in the Women's Ministry at Calvary Chapel Moreno Valley!
I just love my friends I've made over the thirty years I've been in the Lord! Each one is so unique, from physical appearance, age, shape, family background and current circumstances. My girlfriends, in particular, come alongside me and help me in areas of lack, such as sewing (!) and I come alongside them with my talents of biblical encouragement and teaching the Word.
DeAnna taught the two-hour quilt class the second year of Heart to Home. Having previously taught classes for the Singer Company in Redlands. She is able to troubleshoot and take apart any machine, and quilts beautifully. DeAnna makes quilts for her own grandchildren, the children and grandchildren of friends, and today she mentioned quietly that she'll be making a lap quilt for a young lady who serves them sweetly at their family's favorite restaurant! She is truly all heart.
After a few years of daily babysitting her grandsons, she and Kenny were able to take a 7-day trip with our RV crowd to Shaver Lake in August and then a much-deserved month of travel to Florida to see a shuttle launch. We rejoiced for her, while we missed her sweet smile and handiness at Piecemakers.
Our Tuesday night Piecemakers' group meets while our husbands attend Men's Bible study down the hall. Those friends have encouraged Steve with patience and good humor, and now he has returned to the Bible study, confident once again!
Tonight all eyes will be agape at the possible completion of my "forever quilt " and those ladies are the reason I've kept it going. That quilt is a picture of the slow, patient development of friendships and support for one another.
Hebrews 10:24 says, "Let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works, not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another and so much the more as you see the Day approaching."
And that Day is approaching!

No comments:

Post a Comment