Pages

Monday, January 11, 2010

Works every time it's tried


3:59 p.m. Today's project started out to be putting away the Christmas ornaments, from a tree that got itself cut up and put into the "green waste dumpster."

That project was nearly accomplished when I took a break for lunch. My salad of fresh greens from the garden, cooked chicken, and buttermilk ranch dressing smelled and tasted funny, and I ended up dumping it out. Then on came a bout of the "headache that wouldn't go away." Add a slight dizziness, and I knew I was about to get my quarterly migraine! I quickly asked my many believing Facebook friends to pray. I really wanted to attend Bible study tonight at seven.

Carefully heading upstairs to lie down, I remembered the generic Imitrex medication that is very effective in stopping migraines if taken early enough in the process. I hadn't experienced a migraine for a bout 6 months, so I'd forgotten to be alert to the warning signals: a headache that Advil can't handle is the main one, and a dizzy feeling can accompany it. I took the pill and lay down.
A text message dinged from son Kriss, saying that he and his wife Marisela couldn't join us at Disneyland this week. I answered okay, and thought, "I'll just text all the kids and ask them to pray, too." Then came a couple of hours of rest, with a window open and a cool fan blowing on the foot of my bed. I was truly "dead to the world."
I'm up now, still a bit headachey, but upright and drinking some coffee as Kriss recommended. We'll see how the evening unfolds, whether Heidi and I can make the nice dinner I'd planned and then join the ladies at 7 p.m. for study. I am trusting what Isaiah 58:8-9 says to those who serve the Lord in righteousness:
"Your light shall break forth like the morning,
Your healing shall spring forth speedily,
And your righteousness shall go before you.
The glory of the LORD shall be your rear guard.
Then you shall call, and the LORD will answer;
You shall cry, and He will say, 'Here I am.' "

No comments:

Post a Comment