Pages

Saturday, April 30, 2011

An answer on the way



8:45 p.m. Today's project was to attend the Big Girls' Club at our Mary Kay Training Center in Redlands. This waffle breakfast was a reward for meeting goals in my business. Of course, being allergic to wheat, I just ate my eggs at home and enjoyed strawberries and whipped cream with the group. We were challenged strongly and encouraged in the Lord by our sales directors to consistently build our individual businesses.



I wiped away some tears before I entered the center, because I had awakened heavily burdened for a family member whom we all love dearly but is not yet saved. Weeping as I went to my journal during devotions this morning, I knew I would never forgive myself if anything happened to them and I did not offer the way to salvation. We do not live near enoughto be able to physically hold a personal conversation, but I did text one of my grown children imploring them to pray with them to accept the Lord.



Because it won't be me directly offering a relationship with Jesus, I will trust my offspring to speak in their own way from a heart of love. Our family has lived our witness and talked about the Lord all of the years we've known them. But as the Apostle Paul said about the fact that sometimes a series of people need to witness to a person before they come to Christ in I Corinthians 3:6-7,



I planted, Apollos watered, but God gave the increase. So then neither he who plants is anything, nor he who waters, but God gives the increase.



It is our responsibility to fulfill the Great Commission Jesus gave us in Mark 16:15:



Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature.



But only God's Holy Spirit can move a person's heart and mind to hear, listen, receive and believe that God offers forgiveness of sin and eternal life and that they need to say "Yes!" to Jesus!



While in the breakfast I heard that the $50 Starter Kit promotion ($410 of product for $50) would be ending tonight, the end of the month. Yikes! That deadline had totally slipped my mind, as busy as I've been with sales and training! (And home and ministry responsibilities as well). We all discussed how best to spend the next 12 hours and skedaddled to get started. I stayed in my parked car and began texting and calling good customers one after another, very fun and exhilarating.
Although there's no real comparison in importance with witnessing for the Lord, I would have felt disappointed with myself and for my friends and customers if I hadn't offered them the financial savings and the career opportunity which they can accept or pass up. So I contacted a lot of great women today, most of them Christian sisters, and enjoyed the interactions. In between, Jennifer hosted a nice party for me that was hilarious and pampering for the guests at the same time. It was a $100 day! By 10:00, I added two new members to my team!


The biggest blessing, however, came while I was contacting customers and friends. A beep let me know a text message was coming in. It was from my believing child in response to my plea that they witness and offer eternal life to our mutual love one. I burst into tears of joy when I read it, for it simply said,


"I will."


Willingness is all our God asks of us, just willingness! To Him belongs the responsibility, results, and above all, the glory for each and every saved soul!




No comments:

Post a Comment