Pages

Friday, April 8, 2011

First tasks for a new phase


3:47 p.m. Today's project was to begin the modest distribution of my book, Galatians: An Exploration of Faith and Freedom. My goal was to take copies to people who have indicated interest, but next week will work out better for them. Undaunted, I continued to my next stop, State Senator Bill Emmerson's office, to delivere a free copy to my daughter Heather, the book's photographer. We had a few minutes to chat because the front office where she greets and helps constituents was quiet at 9:45.


It was fun signing my very own book as an author, as if I were some famous person, even if the greeting was to my daughter who helped in its creation. Honestly, God is the author of that Bible study, and the glory goes to Him alone!


At the hair salon, I showed my book to the clients and hairdresssers, and one lady took a great interest and began thumbing through it as she sat under the dryer. "I'm going to enjoy this," she commented, and then said, "Let me have one!" The check was written and I had sold a book!


I only have 10 copies, and most of them are already spoken for, to show my gratitude for all off the help I received. One copy will be for my house, of course and Steve is already reading it. I gave one to Heidi's fiance's family earlier this afternooon. 10, 9, 8, 7...they are slipping away!


And that's the whole idea! I can oeder some more, or just wait for the May 31 release date and inform all who are asking for a copy where Galatians can be found, or how to order online. Either way, I have praise for the Lord who saved and taught me, becuse he has truly done great things in my life! Psalm 92:4-5 (NIV) captures my heart's song completely:


For You make me glad by Your deeds, O Lord.

I sing for joy at the works of Your hands.

How great are Your works, O LORD,

How profound Your thoughts!


And if I can convey one iota of the thoughts and love of God towards His people, and His plan of salvation for all of mankind, I will consider myself glad indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment