Pages

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

"I will" meets "I wish"


4:53 p.m. Today's project was to take Steve to his friend Howard's orchard property to help out, which they both enjoy. I then was able to spend time with my friend Debbie, the hostess of our summer Bible study in I Samuel. This year, however, we'll be starting in about a month, since our study at church ended in March.


The great news is that the Lord has blessed us with two moms who want to do childcare for us, actually planning a Bible lesson for them each week! That will open up the study to women who would need to get a babysitter, and that's generally prohibitive on one income. Moms at home were among the 64 study members who completed the lessons online last year. Heading into our 6th year, I am excited about what the Lord is doing!


In Isaiah 43;19a, God says,


Behold, I will do a new thing,

Now it shall spring forth;

Shall you not know it?


But God let me know He wasn't done yet while Debbie and I stood in the bonus room where the childcare would take place. "There's a mom who is offering her home as the site for our childcare, " she told me. "Her house is set up for kids, of course, and there would already be lots of kid things, like toys, there." "Wow!" I answered, and she told me the gal's name, whom I couldn't picture but I'm sure I know from church. Since she teaches in Children's Church midweek, all of the other young moms would know her, so I'm comfortable. "It would be like our Home Fellowships, where all the kids are dropped off at church before heading to the individual homes where the studies are held," I marveled. God is so good!


I'll have to call that sister and organize a field trip for our childcare moms, Debbie, and me to visit soon. What an ever-blossoming blessing, a true unfolding of God's grace and favor upon the faithful band of ladies who gather to study the Bible each week!! God is opening up even more doors, more opportunities for women to dig into His word in a consistent, verse-by verse format, and reflect on the teaching and discussion the following week at home as they complete their lesson.


Isaiah 43:19b continues,


I will even make a road in the

wilderness

And rivers in the desert.


For a few years now, I have dreamed, wished and prayed for childcare for the Bible study, but the timing wasn't right, or I didn't know whom to ask. But today I have learned something wonderful:


When the I Will of God meets the "I wish" of man, look out for a blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment