Pages

Sunday, April 24, 2011

He is risen with healing in His wings



7:10 p.m. Today's project for Steve and me, was to host a family dinner for my dad, Heidi and her fiance Pavel, Heather and her husband Nick, and my youngest son Steven, here from Fresno.


Dinner was wonderful, with strong opinions and praise reports about one another's ministries being the topic of conversation at the table. Steven and Heather are both high school leaders at their respective churches; Heidi and Pavel share 5th & 6th grade ministry at Calvary Chapel.


Steven had his dad and me fired up from watching the movie "Furious Love" last night. The film documented intense, often violent spiritual warfare around the globe, and demonstrated that love in Jesus' name conquers anything Satan can attempt to intimidate us with. It was on my mind through the night, at 3 a.m. when I woke up and began praying, and during our Easter service as well the time spent in food prep today. Jesus' command to "Go into the world and preach the gospel to every creature," in Mark 16:15 comes with a real cost to those called to go to the spiritutally dark regions of this world.


Early this week, I found out that we would have a smaller group at the house today, so after my dad went home, the rest of us gathered together to lay hands on Pavel for complete healing of his eyesight, led by our prayer warrior Steven. We prayed in turn as the Lord led. Then we sat Steve down for prayer that his Alzheimer's would be healed. I was weeping and beyond blessed, and my son and the girls were in tears, as they testified in prayer about the godly dad they had been raised by, and their deep love for him!


We then prayed that Jehovah's Witnesses would never again knock on my dad's door in Redlands--that they would sense a spiritual gate of iron blocking their path, preventing their entrance, and stopping their lies, that my dad might be ready for an abundant entrance into heaven one day!


We prayed in faith, knowing that the One who was in the midst of our prayer circle heard and will answer. Because there is only one Jesus, Malachi 4:2 asserts:


To you who fear My name

The Sun of Righteousness shall

arise

With healing in His wings.


Thank You, Lord, hallelujah, Amen!

1 comment:

  1. Loved this Dana..I was so excited when I wrote about it I just typed away! You are so eloquent! Loved your comparisons!<3

    ReplyDelete