Pages

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Our latest addition is here!



2:37 p.m. Today's project was to welcome our oldest son Sean over for a fun visit this morning, and to welcome our latest addition, or should I say, edition, into the family this afternoon.


The first ten copies of my book, Galatians: An Exploration of Faith and Freedom, arrived today! I am beyond incredulous that a boxful of lifelong dreams is sitting in my house, ready to give to those who helped bring it into existence, like Charlotte and Howard Stevens, Kathy Langtry, Carole Gift Page, Robert and Debbie Snyder and Heather Love.


Charlotte not only endorsed my book as a Christian school director, but she and Howard, like Robert and Debbie, invited Steve over so I would have hours alone to write. Author Carole Gift Page provided invaluable suggestions for giving Galatians a personal, yet doctrinally sound approach and lent her endorsement. Kathy Langtry proofread every word and saved hours of corrections for the editors and me. My Mrs. Heather Love of HeatherAllisonLove Photography is the professional behind the author portrait. (One of her photos graces this blog, and yet another welcomes women to my Mary Kay website). I am so blessed by the talents and high standards of my production partners!


In I Corinthians 3:9 Paul says to the church, in regard to all who preach the Gospel, "we are God's fellow workers," and that is how I feel about the Bible study workbook we have built together!


As I look back on the original writing of the Galatians study in 1987, the human being who made it possible for me to stay home with my children, homeschool Sean, attend and teach Bible studies, is my husband Steve. He got up at 3:30 a.m. to commute to Orange County and worked at least 50 hours a week to provide our needs. God gave him the strength, willingness, talent and work ethic that caused him to work without missing a day for years at a time! Steve exemplified Ecclesiastes 9:10: "Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with your might." As a married couple, we truly have been molded into a God-ordained partnership for almost 30 years. I love Ecclesiastes 3:9, "Two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their labor." (One reward, of course, is the creation of offspring whose sayings and doings bring Galatians to life)!


My fervent prayer is that believers will be strengthened in the doctrine of salvation by grace, and prepared to defend the Gospel; and that those who do not yet know Christ may find in Galatians the way to "believe to the saving of the soul" (Hebrews 10:39b).








No comments:

Post a Comment