Pages

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The Divine Rescue on Highway Six

The Divine Rescue on Highway Six

God has a miracle for me, too!

3:31 p.m. Today's project was to meet with the nurse for Longterm Solutions, a facet of our Genworth longterm care insurance, for her 6-month assessment review of Steve's health, cognition and life skills.

Nurse Penny is very affable and knows how to put an Alzheimer's patient at ease and the assessment went well with Steve answering questions for himself for the most part. Ever since Easter Sunday, when we as a family laid hands on him and prayed for healing, Steve has been more communicative and talking more freely than he has in months. It's like the calendar was turned backward! Thank you, Lord!

Let me recount for you a passage about Jesus healing a deaf-mute in Mark 7:32-37:

Then they brought to Him one who was deaf and had an impediment in his speech, and they begged Him to put His hand on him. And He took him aside from the multitude, and put His fingers in his ears, and He spat and touched his tongue.Then, looking up to heaven, He sighed, and said to him, "Ephatha," that is, "Be opened."

Immediately his ears were opened, and the impediment of his tongue was loosed, and he spoke plainly. Then He commanded them that they should tell no one; but the more He commanded them, the more they proclaimed it. And they were astonished beyond measure, saying, "He has done all things well. He makes both the deaf to hear and the mute to speak."

Jesus indeed does all things well, a statement that comes to my mind through the Holy Spirit regularly. I especially enjoy pondering it when I realize that my life is His; nothing that surprises or irritates me, or even fills me with dread, is news to Jesus; and I can be assured that He is quietly working out the story of my days in minute detail. Knowing that He does all things well gives me hope for the miracles I pray for in my life and the lives of family, friends and people I won't even meet this side of heaven.

The man and woman who were trapped in the burning cars had no hope of escape until angelic hands pulled them through impossibly small openings (8" in the woman's case) from their crushed, overturned vehicles. Jesus gave them a different outcome than fiery death!

You and I often feel crushed, trapped and frightened by circumstances that threaten to destroy our health, lives, financial security, or our families. That is the nature of this fallen world, tainted and lacking true peace because of sin. I know that miraclulous deliverances don't happen in my life every day. But they happen a lot more frequently than I would ever have imagined as I look back on my 30 year walk with the Lord! And my testimony is not unique among believers. The all-powerful Jesus saves, Jesus lives, Jesus loves, Jesus cares, and is able, unlike you and me, to "fix it!" That's any problem, any trial, any day. Give your life to Him now, and let Him work out your life story!

Before we give our lives to Christ and ask Him for forgiveness and salvation, we are like the people trapped and on fire in their vehicles. There is only one escape, one way out of the hellish life of the unsaved person, and that is through Jesus. He says in a loving but firm warning we all would do well to heed (John14:6):


"I am the way, the truth, and the life. No man comes to the Father but by me."

No comments:

Post a Comment