Pages

Friday, June 24, 2011

Countdown



6:01 p.m. Today's project was to help Heidi get ready for her wedding.



My day began at 3:25 a.m., when I heard the dogs downstairs in the garage, lightly barking. I slipped down there and let them out into the back, but they were still agitated. Turns out that they had had no water since 7 p.m,. when Steve inexpicably moved their water to the front yard before our rehearsal dinner started. Shortly afterward, Bailey and Jada went into their crates for the next 3 hours. We let them out into the backyard after everyone was leaving, and they ran around frantically. Neither of us remembered the water bowl. But the light went on in my brain as I let them out this morning. So I stepped out the front door, carried their bowl to the back, and boy, did they lap it up! 2 quarts gone in a flash. Proverbs 12:10 says, "A righteous man regards the life of his beast," and so should the righteous woman!



Getting up at 7 a.m,. to have devotions and breakfast before Heidi's bridesmaids arrived for a crafting session was a bit of a challenge on broken sleep, but a mug of good, strong, brewed Starbucks set things right. I then took the time to make up my eggs for today and the weekend, because there'll be no cooking tomorrow! Heidi ran out for muffins for the girls, so she and Heather, Charise, Becky, Danielle, and Bonnie assembled table favors for the next two hours.



Meanwhile, I delivered some Mary Kay products, made a bank deposit, and picked up Steve for a trip across town to pick up his correct size of suit pants and dress shirt from our vendor. Then, to my great delight, I was able to purchase my long-awaited, new set of contact lenses. The excitement was enhanced by discovering that Steve's Social Security check had been deposited 3 days early! Thank you, Lord!!



Youngest son Steven the bodybuilder was already on his way from Fresno, so his dad and I made a stop at Vons to buy the boneless chicken breast he lives off of this time in his competition prep, along with three dozen eggs. It was so exciting to see him walk in the door!


Pedicures came next, at a new salon across from Jason's Deli in the Canyon springs area. We enjoyed the luxury treatment, and some got nails put on also. I ended up with brilliant fuschia polish and a lovely flower design in white on my big toes. What a busy day! (My favorite kind).


At home. we awaited my friend Amy the massage therapist, who gave Pavel and Heidi one hour massages. Steve took the dogs for a walk and I picked up Drycleaner's Secret for Steven's wrinkly linen suit. Reminds me of another great surprise--his girlfriend Kathy from Bakersfield is coming to visit us on Sunday--can't wait to meet this godly young woman!


The marriages and relationships my children have formed have blessed their dad and me to no end! As I ponder God's bringing the ones they love into their lives, I can agree with Solomon in Proverbs 30, when he says that one of the things that is too wonderful for him is "the way of a man with a maid."


May God be glorified in Heidi and Pavel's marriage!

No comments:

Post a Comment