Pages

Monday, June 6, 2011

A promise to God



6:26 p.m. Today's project was to fulfill a promise I made to a police officer, myself, and ultimately to God, which was to get my Jeep smogged. After being let go with a verbal warning for outdated tags on Friday on my way to women's retreat, I had pulled together the cash to cover the cost at Moreno Valley Smog, $49 with a coupon.




My hopes were high for some income, but I haven't received it yet. I'll get paid for some product in the next couple of days. But this was just another "trust test" from the Lord to see if I would follow through on my promise!



Steve and I got up at 5:30, because I was determined to arrive at the smog test center before 8 a.m., to be first in line. I had an appointment with our wedding florist for a facial, clear across town, for 10 a.m. Having no idea how the facial would go, I also took along the shoes I just bought for my daughter's wedding, for a refund to be applied back to my debit card if necessary. So much up in the air and it was only Monday morning! I was feeling Proverbs 27:1b (KJV):



Thou knowest not what a day may bring forth.



I am so glad my loving Heavenly Father knows!!



We arrived at the smog place at 7:45, and were second in line. Steve stood at the door and began a conversation with the older gentleman who was there ahead of us. The shop opened on time, and the man's car was driven back. Mine was driven back also, once the Jeep's alarm quit blaring... good thing it's all industrial out there on Elsworth! My key has gotten way too sensitive, so it's time to switch it with the other one we keep in a desk drawer.



As time ticked away, and I showed Steve how to find Waldo in a large children's book in the waiting room, the other customer told us, "Mine will probably take a long time. Acuras take a long time." Sigh. It was about 9:00 by then. But, answer to prayer, his car was finished and mine was driven back! It passed smog easily, and by 9:20, we were on our way back home, where we loaded up the Jeep with my products and facial demo items, and I arrived at the client's home speedily. Her morning hadn't been the best, and the dogs had to be put up, but after facialling her and her daughter, I had a nice-sized check in my hand and left behind two very happy, lovely-looking ladies. I'm still awaiting word from the Lord about returning the shoes--I'll wait and trust!



My business wrapped up with an upcoming reorder from an established customer, and a booking scheduled with another! Additionally, I got some good ideas from my Sales Director during a quick sit-down; then I got Steve's glasses repaired. In response to a call, I was blessed and humbled to exercise ministry leadership in a sensitive matter, and later counsel a young woman by phone. Psalm 62:5-8, and 11-12 remind me (NLT):



Let all that I am wait quietly before God,

for my hope is in Him.

He alone is my rock and my salvation,

my fortress where I will not be shaken.

My victory and honor come from God

alone.

He is my refuge, a rock where no

enemy can reach me.

O my people, trust in Him at all times.

Pour out your heart to Him,

for God is our refuge.



God has spoken plainly,

and I have heard it many times:

Power, O God, belongs to you;

unfailing love, O Lord, is yours.

Surely you repay all people

according to what they have done.



No comments:

Post a Comment