Pages

Monday, June 13, 2011

Some new news



6:09 p.m. Today's project was to start my studying for Thursday's lesson on I Samuel Chapter 16, where David is anointed by the prophet Samuel as God's choice for King of Israel. This was a surprise to the prophet as well as to David's whole family, considering that he as the youngest was out tending sheep, not even considered worth inviting in to the sacrifice and feast God designed in his honor!



Unbelievable, aren't God's ways many times? But surprises and shocks to His people are merely ways God operates in this world to get our attention and cause us to be ever more awed at His omnipotence, omniscience and everlasting love.



Before my day really got rolling, I was reading today's devotional selection in My Utmost for His Highest by Oswald Chambers. It says,



There is only one thing you can consecrate to God, and that is your right to yourself (Romans 12:1 present your body a living sacrifice). If you will give God your right to yourself, He will make a holy experiment out of you. God's experiments always succeed. The one mark of a saint is the moral originality which springs from abandonment to Jesus Christ. In the life of a saint there is this amazing wellspring of original life all the time; the Spirit of God is a well of water springing up, perennially fresh. (Italic scripture insert mine)



I had a number of surprises today, including the discovery that in the commotion that greeted me when I arrived home after Thursday's Bible study, I had forgotten to mail out the online lessons! Thanks to an email from one of my group, I sent it out this morning. On the pleasant side, a young man who has helped us out before, offered to take our Jeep to his house to replace the brakes, and left his car for us to drive--very considerate, and still scads less expensive than having our dealership do the job.





But the biggest surprise of all was the news that Tate Publishing has arranged a book signing for Galatians: An Exploration of Faith and Freedom at a local bookstore! I've been selling books as I get them in, and some have been sold online. So a public opportunity to meet readers will be a blessing, and good exposure!


My life indeed has been a grand experiment by the Lord Jesus Christ, the same as with all who have fully given their lives to Him to use as He will!

No comments:

Post a Comment