Pages

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Another layer

8:25 p.m. Today's project was to lay out all of the bills and write the checks for the first of the month. I normally do online bill pay through one of our banks, but since I'll be in Dallas on July 31st for the Mary Kay Seminar, and since my pension checks deposit automatically on August 1, that option is out if I want to pay on time. So mailing checks out tomorrow will do the job. It really boils down to praying and pondering, and using the wisdom God makes available to us! Jesus told us in Matthew 10:16, to be wise as serpents and harmless as doves as we make our way through a hostile world. And James 1:5 assures those of us who have faith in God,

If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him.

Since I came home last night (instead of having the caregiver stay another night) I knew there would be no morning help. As I got up and did some reps on my Health Rider, I made my plan: start my devotions, take care of my own morning needs, put out the dog and put on the coffee, crush and mix Steve's pills into applesauce, and then get him up and ready for the day. We took things slowly and quietly, and he did well at church, too.

Interspersed with feeding Steve and tending to his needs throughout the day, the bills were prepared to send out, causing only random twinges of arthritis. Thank You, Lord! I have always loved David's Psalm 144:1 (KJV), although my "warfare" is the recording and dissemination of my daily testimony and giving witness to the powerful works of God through Bible study teaching and offering study materials in print and online.

Blessed be the LORD my Rock,
Who teaches my hands to war,
And my fingers to fight.

Before lunch, Steve and I went out to harvest our crops. The caregiver had watered the garden daily, but as for weeding, not so much this year. (My bad/busy.) But you can see how God managed to grow wonderful fruit, even with me out of town! Our  produce, whether we work for a meticulous garden as I have in the past, or just cultivate excellent soil and then step back, is God's work anyway. I believe that He assigned Adam originally in Genesis 2:15 to "tend and keep" the garden because people need productive work, both men and women, in or outside the home. Idle hands are no good, for children or adults!

But this week had some "extras" added on. Our long term insurance sent the monthly check for Steve's daycare, necessitating an in-bank deposit tomorrow. Two customers stopped in. Spanish tutoring was arranged for Monday afternoon. A passerby came to the door about the water meter leak in front of the house, and I assured her that I have a plumber coming tomorrow to see what needs to be done. Heidi and Pavel came by on a quick errand for my dad, and like the passerby, insisted that the City is at fault and we shouldn't have to pay to get the broken cement meter cover and pipe fixed. (We'll be praying on that, believe me, because money doesn't grow on trees, even well-watered ones)! And pretty soon I'll need to get food stocked up for Steve and his caregiver and Jada, too; my luggage packed and a shuttle ride from the airport in Dallas reserved. It's layer upon layer of duties and tasks!

Thank You, Lord, that some of us like deadlines, and work well under pressure! We are all so differently gifted. As Paul writes of the church Body in Romans 12: 5-6a,

So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and individually members of one another. Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us... 

Then he lists many gifts and offices of the church designed by God, to edify, train, and send out witnesses to the world.

In our own little home, I hope and pray to be a witness for Christ in every aspect of my life, because neighbors, colleagues, family and friends are watching the way things get handled by believers!

Pour out Your Spirit, Lord, that we might make it, with good provision, through this heavily layered week and beyond!

No comments:

Post a Comment