Pages

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

His light burden

10:38 p.m. Today's project was to complete my Bible study for Thursday, meaning that I would have it written out word-for-word longhand like I've been doing for 30 years. With the hectic-ness (?) of the last week, and Steven's bodybuilding competition in Las Vegas upcoming, that was quite an ambition.


Today was a Redlands day. After our Morning Makeovers meeting, there was a stop for about five minutes at my daughter's house to do some planning, time spent at my dad's house finding his cell phone charger, doing my own banking and bill paying, and then getting the fungus excised from a split nail. I finally was able to sit down at the Starbucks in Vons to finish my writing. The Lord gave me a little "sweetener" in that there was still money on my card for a tall caramel frappucino with "specially requested" baked coconut on top of the whipped cream. (I did give the barista a sample eyeshadow attached to my card for being so nice when she even brought it over to me)! The laptop bag on the right is the perfect size for my Bible, notes folder and the wireless composition book I teach from. The plump duffle on the left is already packed with clothes for the weekend.

Not wanting to give away any of the discussion points for the morning, I will say that Chapter 8 of 
II Samuel is short, but full of historical reflection and current personal application.

Now all these things happened to them [the children of Israel] as examples, I Corinthians 10:11 says, and they were written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the ages have come.

Seems we have a pretty weighty responsibility to learn and apply scriptures in these last days before Jesus Christ returns and folds up the earth and the heavens "like a cloak," (Hebrews 1:12). Aren't you glad that Jesus, through the indwelling Holy Spirit, not only lays out our responsibilities as believers, but then helps us accomplish our tasks in a godly, God-ordained manner! Jesus' assurance in Matthew 11:28 rings so true all of every day, I find:

My yoke is easy and my burden is light.

By cancelling a tutoring appointment, I had more time to write, and eventually finished the lesson, though my handwriting was getting a little sketchy towards the end. There will be a time for reviewing before I leave for the study in the morning as well. I wanted it all to be in polished form, but my Heavenly Father doesn't ask me to be perfect--He asks me to be obedient!

Since I completed my ministry task early, I got to spend time with my earthly father, blessing and being blessed.

Thank You, Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment