Pages

Friday, July 6, 2012

Healing hands

3:56 p.m. Today's project was to enjoy a table massage from Kristine Worden of In Touch Massage. I met her through the Circle of Friends networking group in Redlands. She has become a customer, and we have been trying to finish her part of our "exchange a facial for a massage" arrangement for about a month. With my schedule of ministry and business appointments and her work with respite, hospice care, rest homes, presenting at conferences and serving medical providers, we've both been busy!

The morning had been hectic, trying to get in a few reps on my Health Rider before heading downstairs, making sure Steve and the caregiver were doing all right, preparing for a facial party at 10, plus getting ready for my own hair appointment. Praise the Lord that I'd started--and continued--my morning with devotions, Bible study and journalling. By the time Cara and I had our prayer time, I was already on the road, eating my bites breakfast: a boiled egg. I'm pretty grateful for Eggland's Best new product, pre-boiled and peeled eggs. I was so hungry that I ate it without salt! Even the Bible notes the plainness of the egg white, in this question Job 6:6:

Is there any taste in the white of an egg?

About 12:30,  I gave Kristine directions from her home, she arrived here safely and set up her table.
She began with an oil infused with lavender grown in the Highland Springs area near Banning, which at first seemed overly powerful, but then was very soothing. Once Jada settled down from her barking, it was very quiet as she began the massage. We had a good conversation about keeping a small business in order, when what both of us enjoy is serving others and relationship-building with our clients. But we agreed, you can't have a successful business without a structured financial system. Proverbs 13:4b says, "..the soul of the diligent shall be made rich." I may not become a millionairess, but for my business to be profitable, I need to heed that scriptural advice!

The best part of the afternoon came just after I sat up from my massage, and heard a horn honking faintly outside, accompanied by a phone call: Steve's bus was here.

The Lord gave me a wonderful idea: bring Steve in for a simple hand or shoulder massage before Kristine packed up her table. He stepped off the bus cheerfully, and walked at a good pace into the house. Kristine set her chair opposite him and had him rest his hands on a pillow. Steve, though uncertain at first, enjoyed the scent of lavender oil and his hands relaxed, even though his anti-tremor medication hadn't had time to kick in! Praise the Lord! Steve was very blessed.

There is healing in human touch, albeit temporary. But for true, permanent healing,we must apply to the Lord, our Jehovah Rapha, "I  am Yahweh who heals you" (Exodus 15:26). James 5:14-15 gives the directions for us in the church today:

Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer of faith will save the sick, and the Lord will raise him up.

Thank you, Lord, for giving us a "sweetener" from You this day!



No comments:

Post a Comment