Pages

Monday, July 30, 2012

Up and away!

9:44 p.m. Today's project was to wrap up loose ends while preparing for travel to very hot Dallas, Texas for the Mary Kay Seminar, our annual conference. I attended for the first time last year, and it was spectacular, from the entertainment, to the classes, to the joy of watching hard working Directors receive their jewels and crowns on stage.I'm looking forward to what the Lord is going to do this year, especially at our National Area banquet--many of us will be recognized for serving other women and offering them a stellar business opportunity!

Treats and surprises are definitely in store, but one thing is certain: when Kathy Helou takes the stage as the Number One National Director, she will give Jesus Christ the glory as she does in all of her calls and messages to us the entire year. She epitomizes the late Mary Kay Ash's company policy: God first, family second, and career third. As Modecai told Queen Esther in Esther 4:14b, when the Jews were threatened with annihilation,

Yet who knows whether you have come to the kingdom for such a time as this?

And God says that to all of us who call upon His name! Why are we here? Why were we saved at a certain time and place in history? (For me that was January 6, 1980).
Only you can seek God, listen to the voice of the Holy Spirit, and follow God's plan for your life. Whenever I get discouraged or weary in my business, I remember that God succinctly told me, "I am in this for you." In 1980, He very clearly told me, "You will be teaching women's Bible studies." How blessed and privileged I have been since 1982 by this calling. I am thrilled to be studying, writing and teaching the Bible, as well as encouraging and mentoring women to this day! And in Mary Kay, there are so many young women God places in my path weekly who may not have had much encouragement growing up. Here I am, Lord! Use me, and my testimony, to comfort and spur another woman on "to love and good works" (Hebrews 10:24).

Seek the Source, and He'll show you your path of life!

No comments:

Post a Comment