Pages

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Blessed travel and days between



11:56 p.m. Today's project was to get back home! Our original plan was to all enjoy a big buffet at the Rio on Sunday morning.Since Steven did not place for the show this evening, and his best friend Cameron arrived to provide companionship, transportation to the airport, and a body in the second bed, it made sense for me to leave. Driving home midday on a Sunday would have placed me in dreadful, gas-wasting traffic through the blazing desert. And, since I fly to Dallas for our Mary Kay Seminar on Tuesday, I wanted an extra day at home with Steve.We also will be able to attend church tomorrow morning as always! Hebrews 10:25 tells us that we must

...consider one another in order to stir up love and good works, not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together as is the manner of some...

After a quick visit with my dad, Heidi and Pavel, I pulled up at my home by 9:30 to talk with the caregiver Elias and get a report on Steve's behavior. All went well from Thursday on, until after one of my daughters visited yesterday. Steve became angry and agitated for two hours! Elias is excellent and very calming in his manner, but we agreed, and so have the folks at Care Connexxus, that Steve is becoming less rational and more physically aggressive and agitated. Steve wouldn't even sit down while at my dad's apartment, where Elias kindly took him for a visit. He did the same "jump up and start for the door" behavior when I took him earlier this week.

I ask the Lord daily to give me wisdom to lovingly deal with my husband's behavior, which is at best worrisome and at worst extremely dangerous! Only He knows what needs to be done, with prayer at the top of the list.

At this critical time, I want my prayer priorities lined up with God and His word. I do not pray to escape my trial nor my responsibilities; my prayer is for guidance in walking through them in a way that honors my Jesus, who suffered and died for me. I John 14-15:

And this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. And if we know that He hears us, whatever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we have asked of Him.



No comments:

Post a Comment