Pages

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Blessed indeed!


3:21 p.m. Today's project was to return to church by 2 p.m. to work on my Bible Station for preschool Vacation Bible School. I had a couple of hours before the dinner meeting for all of the VBS workers, and was eager to get started cutting the black and white crepe paper into strips to make a "jail" to illustrate the story of Peter being awakened by an angel in the middle of the night for a divine jailbreak.

Acts 12: 11 Peter says, after the angel left him in the street, "Now I know without a doubt that the Lord sent His angel and rescued me from Herod's clutches and from everything the Jewish people had been anticipating." What those who were persecuting the early Christian church were anticipating was rigging up a trial against Peter and executing him, like Herod had done to the Apostle James! And of course, God had a different idea!
Today God showed me that He had a different idea for me as well. I had spent a night tossing and turning, wondering about how much help I would have, how long it would take to decorate, when I'd get a chance to put on my costume, eat, and also how to making a reheatable dinner for Steve with only the time slot of 11:30-1:45, which had to include a nap for me!! One day I will not only quote, but learn to LIVE Psalm 26:3, "Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on Thee."
I actually did lie down for 45 minutes, and God quickened my hands to blanch two small green peppers from our garden and stuff them with leftover rice, meatballs and sauce I made yesterday. I labeled the container : "Steve, your dinner. Reheat in microwave 1 minute. Check and microwave for another minute." I then made some guacamole, chips and salad for my lunch, while Steve had his stacked sandwich. After eating a cup of sugar free chocolate pudding, and packing some little snacks in case I couldn't eat what the VBS leaders were serving us for dinner (wheat allergy), all I could do was run upstairs, brush my teeth, and hop in the car back to church.
When I arrived, I saw VBS leader Veronica and my sweet helper Joanna emerging from my room--it was all finished, in perfect detail!! Just glorious!! They had been in during third service. Once I did a bit of rearranging of chairs, I was free to go home until 5:15!! Unbelievable! Tears came to my eyes, but I'd cried enough tears of loneliness, stress and exhaustion already! This was time to laugh and rejoice, and bless those who'd blessed me.
May God's generous blessing extend to the little ones who will hear about Jesus this evening!!

No comments:

Post a Comment