Pages

Monday, June 7, 2010

Now hear this!

2:01 p.m. Today's project was to pick up my new cute glasses from the optometrist our family has been using, Dr. Pabalan. My friend Sherri is the optician there. The location on 14th and Brockton is right in the neighborhood where I needed to run another errand. We had a good time of sharing, and I will be praying for her, and she for me!

This seems to be a 24 hour period of notifying people, believers and unbelievers alike, of signs I see of the spiritual demise of our national conscience. I would hardly fashion myself as a "watchman" as God called the prophet Ezekiel (Ezekiel 33:2,6,7), at least no more than all believers are commanded to be! Late last night, I shared a GodTube video on my Facebook page that showed in a very dramatic fashion the number of abortions being performed daily in our country-- 1 every 24 seconds, 3,600 daily. 50 million abortions from 1973-2009. 1 out every 5 babies is now aborted. 2 out of every 5 African-American babies are aborted. Abortion is now our nation's number one killer, above all diseases and accidents. I am seriously considering joining the Abortion Blackout by wearing black on Fridays, the goal of which is to end abortion by 2010. By the way, less than 1% of abortions were the result of rape or incest, if you are one to seek exceptions...may the Lord lead!

At 9:00 this morning, I let my friends know that KTIE AM 590, a conservative talk radio staion out of San Bernardino, featured Jay Sekulow of the American Center for Law and Justice, urging Americans to contact our elected officials to support Congressman Pete King's bill supporting Israel. We know that the American people see Israel as an ally, and know it is right to support them--witness the 50-year veteran White House correspondent taking immediate retirement after the fallout from her racist, anti-Semitic remarks over the weekend. We're not waiting for action from the "top"-- we the people will defend Israel ourselves!

Listen to Psalm 122:6-8:

Pray for the peace of Jerusalem;
"May they prosper who love you.
Peace be within your walls,
Prosperity within your palaces."
For the sake of my brethren and companions,
I will now say, "Peace be within you."

God told Abraham in Genesis 12:2-3:

I will make you a great nation;
I will bless you and make your name great;
And you shall be a blessing.
I will bless those who bless you,
And I will curse him who curses you;
And in you shall all nations of the earth be blessed.

Through Abraham came my Savior, Jesus Christ--and I will never forgtet my gratitude to the faith of that nation God chose for Himself!

Not all of my notifications were of a negative, warning nature in this time period. I sent out invitations to about 350 women to join the summer Bible study I will be teaching starting on this Thursday the 10th. We will be studying I Samuel, and enjoying the written lessons God gave me 2 decades ago, and which, due to the invention of the PC, are now in Microsoft Word format and accessible through email to all of them if they can't attend regularly!

On an even more exciting note, I mentioned to two checkers at Vons that I had been at a women's retreat over the weekend. (Any subject I can use to open up conversation about the Lord is good for me!!) It turned out they are both Christians, taking their cue from the customer first, obviously, but they were familiar with both the Murrieta conference center and the Twin Peaks location. One even shared about a small "girl's group" she has as part of their church's womens ministry. This particular checker took me aside in an embrace and whispered to me, shaking her head and on the verge of tears, "Please pray for my son_____; he used to walk with the Lord..." I let her know that I understood. Oh, how many of us moms understand her agony and pain. Then, on the outside of the store, an elderly gentleman spoke with me about his evangelistic ministry. Bless his heart--it was inching up to 100 degrees out there on the asphalt! You know what compels this wizened old man? He quoted to me Hebrews 9:27, "For it is appointed to man once to die, and then the judgment."

God is truly pulling out all of the stops to get His saving work done in these last times! Are you on His side? God is not fooling around! He says what He means and means what He says. You must be born again," Jesus said in John 3:7. ARE YOU BORN AGAIN?

And for believers--ARE YOU TESTIFYING OF GOD'S WORK IN YOUR LIFE? Is there a brother or sister in the Lord who needs your encouragement right now, but will never get it, because they don't even know you're saved?

And you backsliders, come back now, right now! You know Christ, and you are miserable without Him. Repent, come back, be loved and received by any Christian you know--just do it!

Just watch and see what God will do in your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment