Pages

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Putting it all out there, Part I


5:02 p.m. Today's project was to visit our son and his wife in Long Beach. Since we have an evening off from Vacation Bible School, it seemed like a good day to get out of town for a bit.

After watching prophetic author Joel Rosenberg's "Epicenter 2010" conference for a day and a half, hearing about the alignment of nations against Israel that the Bible predicts as preparatory to the rapture of the church and the end of the world, I became very convinced that all of us who have a saving faith in Jesus Christ must share our faith very soon with unsaved loved ones, and bring back loved ones who have walked away. Greg Laurie's exhortation on Saturday was as compelling as any he's given at the Harvest Crusades. Perhaps it was even more compelling "as we see the day approaching." (Hebrews 10:25, part of an admonishment to godly living).
Steve, Kriss, Marisela and I talked about where they're at these days, in all aspects, his and her future goals, and our own very difficult situation now financially. She had made us a really good CD mix of songs and the guitar riffs from the Eagles' hits for Steve. Kriss and I later went out to Ralphs for sandwiches and had a very serious talk about his faith and how to get back on track. We both know how much bettr life, especially marriage, goes when you can say, "Let's pray," or "What does the Bible say?" when an issue needs to be resolved! So Kriss and I had some "mom and son" time, while Marisela and Steve watched "Die Hard and Live Free" on the bigscreen tv they are "babysitting" for friends, back at the apartment. The Lord told me to speak to him, I "put it all out there," and I am confident God will take care of them both!
In other family developments, Heidi and Pavel are going on with their wedding plans even though she hasn't been called back for a teaching position for the '10-11 school year yet. They both are serving the Lord wholeheartedly in the meantime. Ditto Heather and Nick, who are now living on one modest income, in order to meet future critical professional goals. Again, the two serve the Lord and others as they always have, not once considering stepping back from ministry. Kind of reminds me of my outlandish decision to retire early, cutting our one income in half! But God is the One who led me to retire and made all the timing and arrangements work, and He has been our faithful Provider to this day!
But the exciting news of the day is regarding our youngest son Steven, whom I wrote about a few days ago. He is the one whom the Lord had repeatedly spoken to me about, that he needed to quit a job that has him working on Sundays--on faith--and that He will bring Steven training clients for his gym. Even though he studies the Word on his own (frequently texting me with questions) Steven needs to be taught by their excellent pastor, especially since he serves as a high school ministry leader.
Steven emailed me today: "I'm giving two weeks' notice to Cool Hand Luke's this week." Struggling, and still low on clients, but taking a step of faith--that's what I call "putting it all out there" for the Lord! When I texted all of the kids, I excitedly added I Samuel 2:30, where God said, "Those who honor Me, I will honor."
Hebrews 11:6 says, "Without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him."
Have no doubt, put it all out, for the Lord to handle!!

No comments:

Post a Comment