Pages

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Problem solved


4:05 p.m. Today's project was to ask for prayer on a few key issues that came up in my life. I had kept them to myself for a day, praying and secretly crying over them and seeing what the Lord would say, as opposed to dwelling on the comments of people. I followed Jesus' advice in regard to fasting for this period of mourning over injustice, so although I was rather low-key and kept a bit more to myself around the house, I made a good dinner for Steve and Heidi: leftover roast pork in a curry sauce with cornbread and honey from the Ilies' hives.

When you fast, do not be like the hypocrites, with a sad countenance. For they disfigure their faces that they may appear to men to be fasting. Assuredly, I say to you, they have their reward. But you, when you fast, anoint your head and wash your face, so that you do not appear to men to be fasting, but to your Father who is in the secret place; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you openly. (Matthew 6:16-18)

One thing I noticed was the way God sent encouraging people my way the entire day yesterday, within minutes of feeling devasted, amazingly. The first few were in person, some on the phone, others through email and Facebook. Encouragement came on all topics including Vacation Bible School, helps ministry, and my daughter's friend's mission to China. God even gave me a blessed time of study and preparation in I Samuel chapter 2. So much fun and excitement, peeling back the layers of the Word of God, realizing how much instruction for godly living is to be found in following the lives of Hannah and Samuel!

Awakening this morning after a very restful sleep, but still finding myself at a rather low point, I decided to share the crushing blows I'd received with Steve, and really broke down and wept. We prayed together and then continued on with our devotions. Then, after baring my heart to the Lord in writing, I ate, went upstairs and returned my prayer partner's phone call. How fitting that she is a lay counselor, so her wisdom was very apt and reassuring! We prayed for one another's issues as we do weekly.

I then received an answer to a prayer I'd placed before my FB friends on an entirely different topic!! I truly "went on my way rejoicing,"(like the saved eunuch in Acts 8:39), and organized meals for a family at church with medical issues while strolling through Vons. So today became an excellent time of fellowship and meeting others' needs.

God met my needs, both to give and receive, as only He can!

Problem solved!

No comments:

Post a Comment