Pages

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

What a <--week-->


2:10 p.m. Today's project was to see Steven off to Fresno, turn his bedroom back into my downstairs office, and rest from the hectic time we've had as a family since a week ago Friday!

The requirements of Steven's upcoming bodybuilding event caused lots of driving for him, out to Hemet to see his diet coach, and lots of shopping for bulk protein foods for us, along with our usual errands and ministry events. Steven was also battling a serious cold, and his depleted immune system could not seem to get on top of it. So he took epsom salt baths to draw out excess fluids and we tried to make the week a restful one. Even with all this, he took fifth in the national heavyweight rankings!! Quite an achievement for an "all natural" (no steroids) 21-year- old. "Those who honor Me, I will honor," God stated in I Samuel 2:30.

This resting plan would have worked but for the fact that he had to get an emergency passport for travel to Canada! so Steven and I went to the County Clerk's office for preliminary authorization and document examination. The stress of going to LA on the day before the competition would have upped his cortisol (stress hormone) too high, so Steve and I took care of that Friday. Heidi then came to the rescue by driving him to LAX Sunday morning at 5 a.m., which was only right since he'd given two assemblies on the subject of nutrition to her upper graders on Thursday! On Sunday afternoon, we had a fun birthday celebration with the other kids and my dad for Steve's birthday. Memorial Day brought us down to LAX at 9:00 p.m. to pick Steven up from a fantastic trip courtesy of Muscletech. I could feel the prayers--traffic was awesome!! Steve and I also enjoyed the time together on the road on our travel days, not to mention carpool privileges.

Now that we have done some cleaning up and turned our attention to our own actual matters, like gardening and bill paying, I need to figure out a routine that will include offering this post daily as unto the Lord, and now adding the study and writing needed for the Bible study on I Samuel I'll start teaching on June 10th. It will be interesting to see how God orders my days!

Interestingly enough, the women's retreat this weekend is about a wise woman building her life, and I'll be conducting a workshop Saturday on "Multi-task Building!" (That's after we return from San Diego County for our grandson's middle school promotion Friday morning!!) May I have the energy and insight to help women structure their lives so that the most important necessity, time spent in God's Word, does not get neglected, and family priorities stay in order.

I love the prayer of Psalm 90:12: "Teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom." (NKJV) The King James says, "Teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom." And the NLT says, "Teach us to realize the brevity of life, so that we may grow in wisdom."

We see both God's work in designing our lives' structure; and our choice in responding wisely!Yes, Lord, teach me to number my days in a week that will feature both brevity and busyness!!

No comments:

Post a Comment