Pages

Thursday, August 5, 2010

How is my strength?



5:45 p.m. Today's project was to teach I Samuel Chapter 10 to our Thursday morning Bible study group and get so blessed by the verse-by-verse revelations in the Word; the encouragement, joy and love shared by the women; and the fact that week by week, everyone remembers our trials and has been praying for their sisters, and their sisters' loved ones, by name!

Prayer exhortations:
  • I Thessalonians 5:17 Pray without ceasing.
  • I Thessalonians 5:25 Brethren, pray for us.
  • II Thessalonians 3:1 Finally, brethren, pray for us, that the word of God may run swiftly and be glorified
  • I Timothy 2:8 I will therefore that men pray everywhere, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and doubting
  • Luke 18:1 He [Jesus] spoke a parable to them, that men ought always to pray and not to faint.

Frankly, last night I went to bed and wept, so many trials are come upon us and our loved ones. Steve is getting more forgetful and the interruptions to get him back on task have increased; finances are in dreadful condition; our future son-in-law Pavel's eyesight has critical implications for his and Heidi's lives unless a cure or amelioration of his retinal dystrophy is found; my Jeep's air conditioning is out, and the radiator is questionable--both expensive to fix and untimely, on a weekend when we have a guest to take to the Harvest Crusade; our lawn mower is broken, and we have our traditional August party for our entire family scheduled for Sunday!

But God kept bringing me Proverbs 24:10: "If you faint in the day of adversity, your strength is small." "If you faint in the day of adversity, your strength is small."

Whoa! I know that my own strength is small! But as a believer in Christ, His strength in me is great!! And I will not faint, because as a daughter of the King of Kings, my strength is not small! I prayed myself to sleep--that was the choice the Lord spurred me to make!

How I needed prayer today, and how delighted I was to see prayers answered!

Today, Charlotte and Howard Stevens gave us a lawnmower; Linda Sherwood's auto mechanic husband Steve is coming in the morning to check out the Jeep; and a young man is going to bless us by mowing and weed-whacking to make our lawns look their best tomorrow!

Not every problem is solved, but "fainting," aka, falling apart, won't accomplish a thing! However, prayer will! And if my prayers for my Harvest Crusade guest are answered, another soul will pass from darkness into the glorious light of Christ tomorrow night!

No comments:

Post a Comment