Pages

Saturday, August 14, 2010

We're here for one another



5:51 p.m. Today's project was to welcome our mechanic and friend Steve to our home (or rather to our garage!) to install a new radiator. He set right to work, only stopping for lunch. This week's special for all of our guests has been hamburgers saved from the August party to be enjoyed with garden tomatoes and homemade pickles. After lunch, he drove out to Moss Motors for some MOPAR coolant and a radiator cap. Along with a check, we sent Steve home with a jar of pickles and bag of produce to share with his wife Linda.

The Jeep is now in perfect shape, for which I am grateful to the Lord! I love the way the Body of Christ comes together for anyone who has a need. "...we are members of one another," Ephesians 4:25b says. I Corinthians 12:12-14 (NLT) shows us that both unity and diversity are characteristics of the Body of Christ:

The human body has many different parts, but the many parts make up one whole body. So it is with the body of Christ. Some of us are Jews, some are Gentiles, some are slaves and some are free. But we have all been baptized into one body by one Spirit, and we all share the same Spirit.
Twenty-eight years ago today, I delivered my second son Kriss Andrew Kruckenberg, surrounded by wonderful friends and my Christian in-laws. But only two years before, I had been welcomed into the body at Calvary Chapel Riverside as a worldly divorced single mother. Steve and I had married just one year before. That was the love of the body in action, the way God gave me so many friends to encourage me that day and any day I needed support. As I grew in the Lord, I was able to "come alongside" others who found themselves discouraged or hurting. Eventually God gave me a Bible teaching ministry and the ability to reach many women through the power of the written word!
Speaking of the written word, I received a very unique kind of help today with my Woman's Walk through the Word Bible study in Galatians. It has been accepted for publication, but none of the editing or detail work has begun. I asked a prominent Christian author to read some sample portions and give me her thoughts. Her advice was timely and valuable in so many ways! Now I have a direction to take in the editing, and her wisdom in pointing out the need for more pesonalization and some anecdotes is priceless. It's an effort I willl enjoy undertaking in order to bring the study "to life." Even though I'm a huge people person, my true "self" is an academic, happiest when buried under a pile of reference books and commentaries!! (Unlike most people).
Thank you, Lord, for sending Your children help when we need it, and using other believers to bring help we sometimes don't even know we need!
"My God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus," the Apostle Paul declared in Philippians 4:19. His people, with all types of talents and skills, are riches indeed!
How grateful I am that other believers are here for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment