Pages

Sunday, October 4, 2009

A chore no more!

1:49 p.m. Today's project is to set up Steve's Social Security account login, a chore I would normally dread, since it seems that we are obliged to set up new passwords and logins for every website we visit, no matter how trivial the "pursuit." So irritating and tiresome!

I find that today I have a much different attitude about this task, because it represents an answer to prayer: it's proof of Steve's qualification for permanent disability benefits. Once again, I am grateful for my praying brothers and sisters! Above all, the glory goes to my God, who "supplies all our need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus." (paraphrasing Philippians 4:19)

Both Steve and I rejoiced today at second service during the offering, for the mere fact that we had something to give! And when the lyrics to a praise song declared, "I won't be afraid, for You always give what's best for me," my tears flowed as they do whenever God's good hand of guidance is evident in my life...and will continue to be evident until my last day here on earth.

As prepared as I was by Steve's family history, and having made financial arrangements for his eventual needs to be taken care of, when Alzheimer's strikes a man in his his peak years of productivity, it's hard to deal with. My "plan" for the timing of his disability would have seen to it that our youngest child had had time to graduate from college. God's plan was different--Steven is now attending Fresno Pacific University, a Christian institution, apparently on full scholarship! (After I filled out a documented financial needs application, we've never received a tuition bill).

Funny, isn't it, how doing stacks of paperwork, logging hours online, and making countless phone calls all seem so trivial when God reveals that He was the one giving us the perseverance required to tackle those tedious tasks? He sees the end from the beginning--don't we wish we could? (We control freaks sure do!!)

My Jesus, the Alpha and Omega!

No comments:

Post a Comment