Pages

Friday, October 2, 2009

Gratitude

2:30 p.m. Today's project was to recover from an unexplained stomach upset that lasted from Thursday morning until midday today! I got up a couple of times during the night, dizzy and just plain weird-feeling. So much loomed ahead for today, but I found myself going back to bed at 8:00, after devotions and doing some basic morning chores. I cancelled both my morning chiropractor appointment and the dogs' vaccinations. Just too dizzy! I was up at 9:00 again, and doing well until about 1:30--then another nap picked me back up.

Getting sick seemed out of the question, with a Bible study to write, appointments to keep, and the need to complete the plans for Moms' Morning tomorrow. And frankly, I didn't want to miss the first dinner invitation from friends that Steve I have received in a while. So I only had until 5:00 to get well! I give God all the thanks and praise for allowing me to get my writing done, nap for another 30 minites, eat a decent lunch, and above all, for answering the prayers of my husband and Facebook friends.

I am hoping that an adjustment to my neck and back will help put me back in sync, as I am still recovering from the rear-end collision nearly two weeks ago. God has been so faithful all this time, and He is not about to neglect me now! There is such gratitude in my heart for the message he gave me for the moms and myself, called "The Teachable Tongue," on James Chapter 3. How we women like to wield that weapon, and how often we need to repent of the destruction our words cause!

Thank you, Lord, for directing me to teach on a subject I sorely need to learn about myself! My love and praise are Yours, my Father!

No comments:

Post a Comment