Pages

Saturday, October 3, 2009

God is in the misdt of His people!


2:13 p.m. Today's project was to get everything ready and in place so that we might enjoy a blessed Moms' Morning, Calvary Chapel Moreno Valley's ministry to mothers of children age 0-5. I got up a t 5:00 a.m., praising God that I felt normal after two days of oddball nausea and dizziness. Twenty years ago I would have thought, "Uh-oh..." but not at fifty-eight! Pregnancy is certainly not anywhere on my radar screen, as I prepare to serve those whose experience is far more recent!


Our crack facilities team got all of the coffee and drink supplies set up for me, and Woo hoo! gave me my very own radio for communication. Naturally, I had to send out a couple of calls, completely necessary, of course!


Worship leader and Women's Ministry Director Robin texted me that her back was out, but shortly after, Pastor John brought her goodies to our room. Babysitters , moms and tots arrived, bringing lovely homebaked treats with them. What commitment that shows, taking time to bless others while managing their own small children! Such a delicious view of God's love and grace!


Fellowship was sweet, continuing as Rita urged us to donate or participate in the Riverside Walk for Life, a very well established pro-life ministry that has saved thousands of babies' lives. I'll be helping get the word out, glad of this reminder, since Steve and I had been involved in the past. Don't you just love the way God allows us to see the "passing of the torch" to a new generation of pro-life believers? (not that any of us older activists are going anywhere--we'll hold up each walker in prayer!)


The lesson God gave me a few weeks ago made an appropriate theme for moms and children alike--control of the tongue! I taught on the passage in James Chapter 3, exhorting myself along with the women. Our superior verbal abilities provide the perfect target for attack from the enemy, when he wants to use us wives and mothers to disrupt the family's peace. We all had plenty to repent of, and took our hope for change to the Lord, the ONLY one able to change us by the power of His Holy Spirit, and the challenging, yet comforting truths of His Word.


The little ones had a puppet lesson on "using our words" to help us control our angry reactions and to encourage a friend or sibling. Then it was off to making Playdough gifts for others.


Wrapping up with praise songs and puppets for all, another Moms' Morning is over. May the Lord continue to be in the midst of our Calvary Chapel families, and may our ministry reach even more families for Christ!




No comments:

Post a Comment