Pages

Thursday, October 1, 2009

The finishing touch

3:35 p.m. Today's project, a bittersweet one, was to finish teaching the book of Galatians for our Thursday morning Bible study. We began in late June, with a group that ranged from three of us on some weeks, to fourteen ladies on others, growing to an email list of twenty women doing the weekly lessons online. Just this week my friend Sharon and her daughter requested lessons. God's Word is never limited in its impact or reach! To have a part to play in assuring women that their standing with God has nothing to do with their performance is precious beyond words, and I thank the Lord each day for the privilege.

Our finishing touch will be a potluck koinonia next Thursday at Debbie's for all who can make it. Our women are absolutely dedicated to a more knowledgeable, more Spirit-filled life, as shown by their diligent attendance at church and women's Monday night and Tuesday morning Bible studies. Adding another Bible study was above and beyond, wonderfully so! I would often think as we sat down to worship and then open up our Bibles, "They have made this effort--they didn't have to, Lord. May I never let them down, but above all, let Your Name be glorified!" And He was faithful through every word, verse, and chapter of scripture that came into play with each lesson.

Weekly I could see how they were making a difference in the world: assisting the needy, coming alongside the wounded, ministering to the sick, sharing their discoveries in the Word with us and with other believers. Linda's worship was uplifting, and the ladies' insights had me blown away! Just today, Debbie shared her amazing discovery: all creation sings God's praise! (And we thought that we have an exclusive privilege!) I can hardly wait to hear the singing stars in person one day--it's unimaginable!

As I look back to what God accomplished this summer and early fall, my excitement for the future grows. What assignments will God call us to undertake while we await the return of Jesus Christ? May the truths we learned, shared, and even struggled with, cause us to be prepared to witness for our Lord to the unsaved, and comfort those believers who are struggling.

Galatians 2:20 says, "I am crucified with Christ; nevertheless I live. Yet not I, but Christ lives in me. And the life that I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me."

Father, let me live the life you have for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment