Pages

Monday, October 12, 2009

Fax confirmed received


4:06 p.m. Today's project for the morning was to lay out potting soil in the garden, plant carrots, green onions and cilantro, followed by walking and washing the dogs and their bedding. Steve and I got our list almost done, enjoying the wonderful cool, cloudy day, with the exception of the dog wash--it's just too cold. We did beat the light rain that the Lord sent--much prayed-for rain. They didn't get their baths, but Jada and Bailey's clean duvets and feather pillows ( !) in their crates will still freshen up our family room. These days, we never know when company's coming over!


I have to laugh because my girlfriend Christine informed me by email that her computer and mechanical wiz husband Neil had been over to inspect the broken step of our RV, and thinks he can fix it--unbeknownst to us! We must have been out walking the dogs. Our house has got to be the most publicly accessible one in Riverside. It's just right for us, since we're pretty much public people! Any time you feel like counting the tens of thousands of cars that speed by on a 24 hr a day basis, come on over! I can whip up a serving of ice water any time. Or at this exact moment you can enjoy the hideous racket of my pressure cooker making stewed chicken for the daily salads I think I might just be getting tired of...fresh chicken, though, should perk things up, once I get it all sliced and diced.


Today's post is a tad late because I had to make a mad dash down to the UPS store in Canyon Crest to fax--yet again, income documents to Steven's college, Fresno Pacific U. This time, though, many friends were praying for his 2:30 appointment at the financial aid office. Also, FPU asked for estimated income for 2009, since there is such a wide discrepancy with our 2008 income. (Retirement will do that!) So that is a new development I pray will bode well!


Since I always enjoy having a specific project to do, even on an emergency basis, my spirit was uplifted by the fax confirmation at UPS, and by doing a little "grocery therapy" next door. I really enjoyed the conversation at checkout, when my stocking up on traditional light bulbs was noticed by the box boy, who informed everyone in earshot that they will soon be outlawed. As I confirmed this fact, the checker and the customer behind me said, "I don't like those new ones!" So I said, "I'll be back for more!" I also casually mentioned that there's even been some extremist talk about banning two-ply soft toilet tissue, so I'll be stocking up on that too! "Too much luxury for us, I guess!" Let freedom ring! Can't adults decide what we would like to use in our own homes? Or what we can afford? I love to get people thinking wherever I go. Let's stay prayerfully informed, and make decisions for our own families.


I'm looking forward to canning apple butter with my friend Linda Harper on Wednesday, perfect for this cool, dark weather! She knows how to make the apple butter, but wants to learn the canning process. She can bring the prepared fruit, and I have all of the jars and equipment.


Last night's Home Fellowship was so much fun, a real blessing, lots of believers having Jesus Christ as our common bond. Our group, led by Mark Murdaugh, has 4 or 5 worship leaders, and four school teachers, two of us retired, one active, and one in training. I guess there will be no lack of communication as the year rolls along! Steve was very comfortable and shared openly and briefly, about having Alzheimer's. In the confidential, loving atmosphere that was quickly established, others shared painful issues as well.


Everyone in that living room last night had responded to our Lord's invitation in Revelation 22:17 : "And the Spirit and the bride say, 'Come!' And let him who hears say, 'Come!' And let him who thirsts come. Whoever desires, let him take of the water of life freely."


Come!


No comments:

Post a Comment